Tuesday 8 June 2010

Something

in the water?
I have several friends going through really tough times in their lives at the moment, and mine's not exactly running to plan (if I ever had a plan). Someone said maybe it's linked to the recession, who knows.
But whatever it is, it can jolly well fook off as soon as possible, because none of us need it.

I am trying to take some of my own advice, and plan for the future - it is very likely I will be out of a job in the near future and I need to have some sot of worst case scenario back up plan - at the moment that involves moving back to my mums and finding work there. How many grown women find themselves in that situation - a lot I would imagine - and I adore my mum so it would be do-able short term. That's pretty much the worst case option.

Meantime, to try and keep body and soul together I am toying with a couple of ideas to use my crafting skills and my mountain of materials to use, to try and make a bit of (much needed) extra cash. One plan I have had in mind for a while, aimed at knitters, but today's attempt didn't work out well and I am a bit peeved - am trying an alternative method so we will see.
The second idea is a different one for me, and something I haven't tried yet - the first part arrived today and the rest is due tomorrow, so watch this space. Linen and silk, that's all I am saying for now.

And my tiny goals for therest of the week (because I am in dire need of motivation, and motivation - I have time, but zero energy and my get up and go has got up and buggered off):

1) try other way of working out money maker idea number one
2) see what I manage to make with money maker idea number two
3) list another bag of goodies on ebay (I have a ridiculous amount of good quality 'stuff' that needs to be sold)
4) finish tidying, gutting, cleaning, hoovering and polishing all of downstairs
5) write at least 500 words a day on craptastic book number two
6) start writing up the first pattern for craptastic book number one (written last year for nanowrimo)
7) finish Barcelona skirt which is disappearing under the crap on my table
8) finish spinning and plying cardi's worth of fibre (am about half way through this)
9) finish first front of test knit cardi (back and one sleeve finished so far)
10) get to the gym even if just for a swim, even if just once this week

It's a lot, but it's only Tuesday ...

No comments:

Labels