Saturday 27 March 2010

Weekends

are lovely, regardless of being at work in the week or not. I think it's so ingrained that the weekend is for relaxing that it's become habit (and it has been a long time since I had a job where I worked on a weekend).

I don't usually brave the city centre on a Saturday at all, not my idea of fun, but I nipped out to post mum's present. The painting isn't perfect - a long way from it - but it's not too terrible (for a few days my grandad was looking like Michael Winner, which was unnerving - maybe I should have TRIED to paint Mr Winner and I might have got a better likeness of my grandad ...)but a) I got my paints out, b)I want to do more (and have started sketching one out) and c) I stronly suspect my mum would love it even if it looked like an overexcited three year old had done it.



This is my latest haul from good old Kemps - they had several assorted Rowan kits on, at silly prices, so I stocked up - and am thrilled with almost all of it (and can find a use for the rest). The black kidsilk will hopefully enable me to make use of the odd balls in assorted pinks I have had for ages.
The pink (which is a really pretty shade) is some very cheap (89p a ball I think) Sirocco, cotton / linen blend - I suspect it will be a sod to knit, and I usually avoid cotton, but I thought it might make a nice long nubbly cardi for the summer, something to sling on top of a black dress. Has to go with black, lots of black ;-)



And lastly, a secretive (hard to be secretive in these colours!) picture of something I have just posted as an angel parcel for a lovely friend in America, it was good to be able to do something nice for her as she has been very kind to me over the last year.
Enjoy the splash of spring colour! It definitely lifted my spirits knitting it, made a change to being surrounded by mu usual black and grey knitting!

2 comments:

Melanie said...

I'm seriously impressed by your painting! Your mother will be delighted, I'm sure!

Lovely buys from Kemps! I'm on a serious yarn diet, so I had to pass on this one. :(

Mandy said...

Wow! That is a lovely painting, absolutely stunning. You should feel very proud.

Labels