Monday 5 September 2011

Cox

OO er madam!

I am a bit perturbed to say the least that my hair cut is starting to resemble Brian 'Nobber' Cox.
Yes, he of the shiny smiley floppy haired visage.

Love him or loathe him, his hair do is NOT ME. It must be vanquished as a matter of utmost urgency.
In other words I need a bloody haircut asap.

In other news of equal banality I have just ordered some of this:
in black, grey and grey variegated - it has sequins in and it would be downright rude not to buy it.
A twinkly cardi, must have,

I have also ordered the Rowan Nordic Knits book because I absolutely love this cardi -
in greys with pink roses.
Luvverly.
I would love it in the new Fine Tweed, but I suspect I have been sucked in by the names which remind me of home (North Yorkshire). Bedale appears to be a sludgy shade of beige - can't argue with that.

The cabled cardi I am making up (I hesitate to say 'designing' because it seems a tad pretentious) is progressing - one front is finished and I am almost done with the deep ribbing on the first sleeve. It's soothing - I love cables and I love Sirdar Eco Wool, bliss. Might even finish it ....

What else?
My Occupational Therapist visited today and was superb, I have more contraptions around my house than the average old folks' home, minus the lingering aromas of cabbage and wee. Their sister team are ringing to arrange a visit to fit some grab rails too - I am officially 96.
At one point I was sitting in the bath fully clothed, on the shower stool, whilst the OT woman (who is as chunkily built as myself) was leaning over me and we both kept placing my hands on the wall to work out where to put stickers for the drilling.
I announced that I used to be a rebellious punk art student and hadn't quite expected to end up like this....




4 comments:

Zel, The Grimm Witch said...

First things first...I feel your hair pain.
That yarn looks great! Reminds me of Thomas Disco Lights... I've never seen the brand you have.
The Rowan looks so challenging and exciting with a great payoff.
As for the house mods, there's nothing to say. I don't know you, but for putting up with this in such good spirits you have to be a ballsy broad.;)

Kota said...

I hear you on the hair. I have not had a haircut in 12months due to circumstances, treatment and the damn illness. I have hacked at it at home but I have now done six weeks from the last face treatment so I no longer am carcinogenic for the hairdresser. I also agree I did not think this would be me at this age and stage of life. But I am fighting back - I am going to attempt to be an arts student after being a dorkie doc martin pure science student. My midlife crisis according to the family is going off to do arts.
Keep rocking girl!

Chrissy said...

When I got ill I decided to grow long hair. That means I can leave it longer between washes and trips to the hairdressers, but does tend to eat up the hair dye packs.

Sweet Camden Lass said...

I love that yarn! And that cardigan! *must not buy yarn*

I took the plunge recently, and pinked my hair. I shall be doing it again soon...after I've been to Buck House with my Mum (some things are best done with normal hair, and this is one - at least pink doesn't hang around for weeks for such eventualities!)

Labels