Saturday 17 September 2011

And she's back .

Tough tough week, never mind. The highlight was fainting on Wednesday at hospital (haven't done that in a long time!) - I am now on a rheumatoid arthritis trial and they needed a fair amount of blood - this doesn't usually bother me in the slightest but a combination of no food, warm room, no sleep and seven lots of blood resulted in me saying 'I don't feel great' and promptly blacking out in the chair.

I was very well looked after but by hell it knocked me sideways for the rest of the week!

I have been allowed to do my meths injections on  Saturday before bed, so I am hoping and hoping I will be able to make it to knitting group at Armley Mills which is just down the hill. Not sure I will get there today as I am tired out, but fingers crossed for Very Soon. It would be brilliant to build up some semblance of a social life that doesn't revolve around bloody hospitals.

Okies. Knitting has been happening, sewing has been done and wool has been bought.

I sold a few things on Ebay for more than I expected which was fab - either pay a bill or treat myself. No contest.
Remember this lovely cardi, Brigitta from Rowan's Nordic Tweed? I ordered the wools from Janette's (always excellent service) and it is truly lovely wool.
I love the greys, am half convinced about the green but not at all happy with the pink. I suspect it would look OK in a sludgey vintagey way but I am tempted to substitute some Rowan 4ply Tweed I have in a brighter pink. This may involve the dreaded swatching ...

One lady (the only one with it in her projects on Rav) has said she will need several more balls of the main colours, and this certainly doesn't look a lot of wool.
Ebay, I will be back.

Gorgeous shades of grey.
Iffy.

I have also managed to do a bit of sewing - just a very tiny bit but by hell it feels GOOD to be back at my beloved sewing machine, even if only for a few minutes. I am working on a Mystery Thing, for which I have been buying many delights over the last few weeks. I am making a rather rough and ready version at the moment so don't worry about the crappy zip:
So far, dare I say it, so good - it's going as I had hoped and at the moment I can't see too many bits to tweak. I have a lovely friend on standby to give her honest opinion when this trial version is finished, then the fun part of making some 'proper' ones to sell.
I have some good quality linen, plain and prints to use, some suiting wool, some Harris Tweed and of course loads of bright cheerful prints.

It feels absolutely wonderful to be finally getting some ideas into reality - the trick is knowing when to stop and have a sleep before the ME kicks me into touch and shows me who is boss.

Knitting - yes, that's been happening too. The cabled cardi I am making up is progressing - I am happy with the front and sleeve I have made so far but not happy with the back which I finished last night.
It bunches out too much - I am going to unpick it down to the ribbing then start again. I wanted to avoid the trees in the centre because it looks a bit obvious - but I think it will work better with the trees in a panel in the middle, and the leaves in panels down each side.

Hmmmm ....


Thankfully the back only took a couple of evenings (and the ribbing was the most time consuming) so it's not too heartbreaking to unpick.

And that's about it for today. Hope all are well, enjoy the weekend - did anyone else have that stonking great thunder storm yesterday??

I leave you with a photo of last night's supper. Yum yum.

1 comment:

Lupie said...

Sorry to hear you are not feeling well.
Hope you start feeling better soon.
What beautiful yarn and the cardi is amazing. Love the colors you are going to use.

Labels