Thursday 22 July 2010

Cabbages and Kings.

For no other reason than I seem to have a rather eclectic mix of photos, projects and nonsense to post.

We have had some oif the heaviest rain I have ever seen - I woke at 4am this morning and couldn't believe the noise - sheets of rain, and a mini river rushing past - and I live half way UP  a hill! God only knows what it must have ben like for those at the bottom - it's a steep hill, and it was a LOT of water.
I shoved a thick bath mat around the bottom of my door because it leads straight into the living room, it was the best I could do - I was flooded at my old house, ruined the hall completely (uterly soaked in a couple of inches) and my por cat went yowling past the door, washed away on a sea of bark chippings and half my back garden - I had to go paddling to rescue her!
Thankfully last night didn't do that sort of damage - not nice though.

Hard to believe that just a couple of days ago I was sitting on the step in the sunshine, reading a magazine and eating this

, totally gluten free and delicious, courtesy of Messrs Marks and Spencer. Highly recommend.


The post yesterday was fab - a wool delivery - piccies of that to come tomorrow - a pile of fabric, and this. Peel off the grotty plastic outside, and underneath is:

yes, the new Rowan free gift, Now there's a lot of fuss and bother about this, as they seemt o have stopped giving wool as the gift when you pay for a year's subscription. But I am not complaining - I signed up and paid late last year, and received the wool and the last magazine. AND I still received the bag and magazine 48 - so two gifts.
Yes it looked pretty dire with the plastic design on, yes it took a bit of fiddling about to get it all off, no it doesn't peel off in one handy strip and yes it is marketing the Rowan brand - but I still rather like it and used it yesterday in town.


And I like the sentiment ... a critique of the new magazine to come tomorrow.


LOVE.
This is the first time I have succumned to the lure of this wool, mainly I resisted because it was a bit trendy to knit with it and I wasn't mad keen on the colourways - but cerise and black? Rude to resist.
I started Annis two days ago and it is almost finished, despite only doing a little bit of knitting as my hands are so painful (I think I have overdone the sewing lately, both wrists really hurt).

This is where I was this morning, more has been done since. I like. A lot.

2 comments:

Susie said...

Laughing at the thought of the poor cat, I hope she wasn't too cross. I read the new Rowan mag yesterday and I can say with complete confidence that there is not a single thing in it I want to knit, so I am kind of hoping you will do a rave review and persuade me otherwise!

sulkycat said...

i agree with you completely, it's pretty dire! so sorry, no rave review from me

Labels