Friday 25 November 2011

I DID KNITTING!!!

Oh yes I did!

And I have the photos to prove it.

I have loved knitting these dafties, all very quick and easy.

Firstly I present - The Santas. Excellent singers, very giggly and silly - available to hire for parties.

I love the way each seems to have a distinctive personality - I made mine in DK rather than 4 ply (easier on my hands at the mo) so they are a few inches tall, a bit big for hanging on a tree but lovely just - well, just sitting.

Then there are the likes of this little cheeky chappy, who escaped this morning in search of friends (and food). Thankfully I spotted him through the window.
I was able to get a couple of sneaky photos before he spotted me and flew away.
Somehow I suspect he will return...

I also did sewing.
I love these and have made a few of them - again they are very light so easy on my hands. The pattern was (I think) from Posie Gets Cosy, pdf download - so far I have only made the coat (several coats) because it just makes me smile. I saw it when it originally came out as a kit, but simply couldn't afford it so was really pleased when it was available as just the download. The teeny tiny mitts!


And I love the back detail too - I think the seamstress / designer in me just couldn't resist!
It might not be the neatest stitching in the world but I am simply chuffed to bits that I can make them at all.

There's more to come, including some rather deranged reindeer, scary guinea pigs and others. It's making a change to my usual beloved cardi knitting.

Hope everyone is well - keep warm, the weather's utterly vile out there!

1 comment:

The Foggy Knitter said...

I utterly adore the Santas, what style of music do they do? x

Labels