Tuesday 4 June 2013

Hurrah for burnt bosoms!


That's more like it.
Sunshine.
Loads of the stuff.
Smiling people,  very dodgy 'summer' dress sense, the smell of sun cream and a corner shop freezer crammed with giant ice pops.
Bliss!

Not only was it sunny today but it was downright WARM. 20C, not bad at all thank you.
Fabulous!

I still have this horrible rash from the Tocilizumab, so I am hoping that the sunshine will help.
That's my excuse (if one were needed) for afternoons in the sun.


All of a sudden everything seems to be blooming and sprouting at once. These gorgeous poppies are from seeds my mum gave me, collected from her garden, They are stunning, and look! Do you also remember the way poppy heads bend from your  childhood?


I remember peeling them open to look at the petals curled inside (naughty me).
Isn't it funny what obscure things remind you of being a bairn?

Today I doped myself up with Piriton, propped my bad back up with cushions on the bench, had an illicit glass of Pimms (oh blimey, the new version is delicious!)  , read for a while and knitted for a while.

PSidney says he can read perfectly well and would I please turn the pages a bit faster.

Why yes I AM  we ARE reading a book that includes a Princess, a scorpion and  a Quest.
And Sid has suncream for his ears, bless him. How I love thee, Sidders.


And knitting a jacket for a wabbit.


Lovely Egyptian cotton, in one of my favourite bags. Not one I made (the shame of it), slightly larger than the ones I make, and  look at it!


Brilliant!
I bought a few of these in the sales in January, the only snag is that they don't have wrist straps and are definitely a pain to carry anywhere, especially as I always need my walking stick.

The other one I have is this:



They are from Kate Garey. The jewellery is worth a look too, I have my eye on the bluetit necklace.



This might just flower this year. Might.

Look at  the pansies,they are just beautiful.


The little things in  life, always look for the little things.


And look - it only took me 10 months to take  piccies. I really like how this looks,and it was a fun knit if a little boring by the end.


Venomous-Tentacula, free on Ravelry.

And that's it for now.
I have the urge to paint, and this arrived the other day - yes that is me reflected in it, and yes I DO have chubby little arms!


Toodles for now, enjoy the sun!

1 comment:

Roobeedoo said...

Oh my goodness - that shawl is AWESOME!!!
And those bags!
And the flowers.
And your reading pet... what sort of beastie is it? A dog? A guinea pig? I can't tell from that angle. So clever it can read ;)
Thank you for your comment regarding a cowboy. Have you seen that insane fabric with topless cowboys on it? So tempted to make a dress! ;)

Labels