I joined then cleared all my boards a while ago when there was a hooha about the legal implications of pinning / copyright. But the lure of OOOOH PRETTY! was too much.
After a week of almost (ok, absolutely) obsessive pinning I have reached the following conclusions.
- everything in the entire world should apparently be painted with chalk paint
- every item of furniture should be covered with hessian (or burlap if you are American)
- ditto drop cloth
- ditto white / grey / cream paint
- did I mention chalk paint?
- ModPodge can be made from the innards of small mammals, caustic soda and orange juice
- if it hasn't already got a frill, add one
- if it has, add three more
- if it stands still long enough, slap some floral paper on it, then stamp it with French script and possibly some home made ModPodge
- then paint it white / grey / cream
- American homes are somewhat bigger than mine
- American bathrooms are somewhat bigger than my entire house
- American mudrooms / laundry rooms / nooks / book rooms / guest bathrooms / stoops / kitchen sinks are bigger than my entire house and half of the street put together
- if in doubt about your food, add butter, sugar, food colouring (ideally pink) and more butter
- and possibly home made ModPodge
- apple cider vinegar, epsom salts, washing soda crystals, ModPodge, grey paint and hessian combined will make an excellent natural face pack or hair rinse
- I am hopelessly hooked on Pinterest
Now this - this is a most excellent use of hessian!