Wednesday 4 September 2013

Did you hear about the poorly frog? It croaked.

Today I am mostly doing a Darth Vader meets  Donald  Duck impression.
I had an endoscopy yesterday, that was no fun, no fun at all.

The sedative was wonderful,  blissfully so and started me off talking about licking chips (allegedly). Sadly, the sedative didn't kick in until AFTER the endoscopy. No throat spray. Nowt.

Pain experienced: 10/10
Dignity preserved: -3 / 10

Don't get me wrong - the nurses were lovely and very kind.  But the (nice) young Dr didn't know where anything (including the sharps bin, cotton wool etc) was and said it was her first time in that hospital.
It showed.
The lady who followed me out an hour later, to the recovery room, was in tears as her endoscopy was  'not tolerated'. Hmmmm....

I am in bed, and have been for most of the day. I am aiming  to stay here until ooooh, October. In fact let's just sleep through November, it has little else to recommend itself.


I had most of the results yesterday, and biopsies are due back Friday. There's quite enough wrong to be going on with. Buggerit.

Onwards.

Now then - am I the only  person who looks at these (patterns for children) and feels decidedly uncomfortable?



Children in general are naturally beautiful. They don't need to pout or thrust their hips out, or wear pencil skirts. Am I alone in thinking this? Not bitching, just genuinely curious.


On a lighter note, let me leave you with a combination of some of my favourite things - munkeys and piggies.


** all images stolen from the interweb, do shout out if they are yours

No comments:

Labels